Friday, May 14, 2010

Ode to a Pillow

Oh pillow sweet, soft pillow
It has been so many glorious years
Together we have triumphed over bad
and glided over good
The one companion who has been true to me always
You kept my head comfortable on many occasions
We have traveled the world together
It has been a good run
You left me so quickly, unexpectedly
I miss you already
I will always miss you
Dear pillow...




Matt received a pillow for a Christmas present from his parents in 1995. It is a HUGE understatement to say he LOVES his pillow. He took that pillow with him on his mission and claims he used to talk to it to comfort himself (psycho?!) That pillow has come with us on every vacation, hospital stay, car trip, etc. Since it is a feather-down pillow it squishes up nice and small and can fit anywhere. (Including the nightstand drawer which is where it lives when our bed is made. Matt gets it out to sleep with every night.)

Wade was sick today. Super sick and puking a lot. He was laying on our bed and puked on Matt's pillow. The pillowcase caught the brunt of the puke, but I put the pillow in the wash too--just to make sure there was no chance that puke seeped through.

As you can guess from the pictures above, the pillow exploded. It had a small hole that opened up while it was washing and when I went to put the wash in the dryer, I found a million feathers instead of a pillow. Matt is pretty sad, somewhat devastated. He is at the store now buying a new pillow, hoping he can find something that resembles his old one.

2 comments:

Marie Holmes said...

I think it was time for a new pillow anyway!! Hope he finds the right one!!

Scott Shakespear said...

I sent a text to Matt, trying to console him...he was inconsolable. Pansy.