We have become some tennis-loving fools over here in the Roper household. It started a few months ago when some friends of mine asked if I wanted to take tennis lessons with them. I nervously agreed since I have never really played tennis in my life.
Now, many lessons behind me, I am really enjoying playing. I participate in 3 leagues and have kept very busy playing tennis! One of the leagues is mixed doubles and Matt is my partner.
Matt is awesome at tennis, if I do say so myself, and would definitely dominate the league if I weren't his partner, but it has been a lot of fun playing together. He doesn't seem to mind (too much) that we aren't first place (or second or third) in the standings. :)
Wade and Seth also started taking lessons and are pretty good! Matt is thrilled to have his kids playing tennis. My dad has also been trying to talk me into tennis lessons for the kids for awhile now..."get them into tennis and golf, tennis and golf are sports they can play their entire life", is what he is constantly saying to me.
The best part about tennis is that we can all eventually play together as a family and you can't beat something like that :).
No comments:
Post a Comment