Casen's due date was April 4th, but I NEVER imagined I would carry him that long. Wade was 1 day late, Seth was 3 days early, Trent was 2 days early and Rylee was 6 days early. I figured since he was my 5th, I workout everyday and we had just moved that there was no way he wouldn't come early, but as I should already know, I don't get to decide these things.
Julie's wedding came and went, our move came and went and I started my one week appointments with my OB only to be disappointed week after week. I was having contractions, but NOTHING even close to consistent. My obsession during this pregnancy had been Zumba and I continued to go 3 times a week and all my friends in the class could not believe I was still coming...unfortunately I had NO reason NOT to come. I was fairly comfortable, baby was moving and it was my much needed mental outlet because the only thing unbearable was that I was STILL pregnant!
I went to my 39 week appointment to hear, "you are still a 1 and 50% effaced." WHAT?! He had to be kidding?! He wasn't. I almost burst into tears and asked him why I was still pregnant? He said I wasn't to my due date yet and that it didn't matter how many kids I had delivered..."every pregnancy is different." I love my OB, he is wonderful and offered to call the hospital and set up an induction for the following week. I reluctantly agreed...it made me nervous to get induced since I had never had to and going through Jess' induction with Logan just about killed my dad and I...on the other hand, I was SO done being pregnant and hoped that I would naturally go into labor before my scheduled induction for April 3rd.
April 3rd comes--seriously?! I went to Zumba that morning (what do I have to lose at this point?!) Everyone there was about to die when I tell them I'm getting induced that night, but I felt so fine--ugh! Matt got my induction moved up to 5pm so we show up to the hospital and the nurse checks me..."you are a 1 and 50% effaced." NO WAY?!?! So they give me Cervidil (sp?) and tell me to get comfortable because I will be on this drug all night until the Doc comes at 7am to break my water.
The night was fine, contractions were minor and I actually slept a little. Poor Matt had a horrible nights sleep, but didn't complain at all. 7am rolls around and I am a 4 and 80% effaced. The Doc breaks my water and the contractions start coming fast and hard, epidural and another hour and I am a 9 and ready to push just minutes later. Dr. rolls in and with one contraction and 3 pushes, baby Casen is FINALLY here! He came out screaming and perfect!

Matt, Jess and my dad (in the hall)
I am so blessed to have another healthy baby. 
I am SO in love with this little guy. I am so drawn to him and don't want to let him out of my sight for a second. I love to hold him and talk to him and be his mommy. What a blessing a newborn is to a home.
We are so thankful and blessed to have had Gary and Shirley at home holding down the fort while I was at the hospital. It was so great to come home to everyone. The kids absolutely adore and love baby Case. 


Surprisingly, Trent, has had the hardest time with all the change. I thought Rylee would struggle, but she really likes "the baby" and doesn't seem too affected by him.
I am so blessed to be a mom. I love it and wouldn't want to be anything else. I am also so glad to NOT be pregnant anymore :).
3 comments:
Congratulations! He is beautiful. We had our little girl the day after. We were going to name our baby Kasen if it was a boy, but it was a girl. Like Matt said to you, we are good at having girls! Glad you are all doing well.
Congratulations, he's perfect! I got so teary reading this. I know Justin and I are done having kids, but you're so right, a newborn is such a blessing and when I read this I (almost) want another one!
Your family is so sweet. Congrats again!
Yay! I am so happy that baby Case is here too! Too bad dad was a baby hog at the hospital and we didn't get a pic of me and Case:) He definitely is a sweet little angel that came right from mom's arms to yours...love that:) Love you guys! Case is such a cutie bug...love his chubby cheeks:)
Post a Comment