By reading the title of this post you may think I am talking about myself, but, in fact, I am talking about my, almost, two year old son, Seth! I have tried to deny his obsession with shoes (for obvious reasons--I mean shoes are a girl thing, right?), but have now learned to accept it (and even enjoy it a bit.) Let me describe to you a typical shoe shopping trip with Seth. If I tell him we are going to find some "new shoes" for him, he gets extremely excited and paitiently waits until we get to the store. Upon trying on shoes, he walks through the aisles on his tiptoes looking for a mirror to see what they look like. He likes me to put both shoes on, so, I guess, he can get the "full effect" of how they will look if we decide to purchase them.

Seth's love for shoes started when I bought him some flip flops (he calls them fee flops) back in April. I was nervous he wouldn't like the flip flops because of the part that goes in between the toes, but he had no problem! He LOVED them and pranced around the house wearing his new shoes. He loved them so much, he even slept in them one night!
He also loves to try on my shoes and and walk around my room. He can entertain himself for awhile clunking around in my high heels. He is so funny. I guess I will have to let it be, after all I can't change him and, on the bright side, if I never have a girl, at least I know who I can go shoe shopping with :)!!

11 comments:
ha ha ha! Seth is so funny. He looks great in heels :)
Hey, I was wondering if your e-mail address is still jennyroper79@hotmail.com. I got an e-mail from Ashley Thacker and was wondering if I had your e-mail. Let me know and I'll e-mail it to her.
Have a great day!
What a great fetish to have!!! You've got someone to compete with now!!!
Oh he is so cute! Don't worry at least your son stops at the shoes-Austin enjoys a full on dress up in princess gowns with the neighbor girls. :) I should say they like to dress him up and he doesn't stop them. Your blog is soo cute-seriously how did you do that. I am not so blog savvy.
Ras! [That's what you'll always be to me!]
So good to hear from you. Your family is adorable and I can tell you love your little boys to death. Glad to hear you are still in AZ. Chad, Kel & I will be down in late October. It would be a blast to meet up! E-mail me at marchant@suu.edu so we can work out details.
-Dana
I can't believe how big he is getting- what a cute little guy he is! And how funny that he loves shoes! Evy is completely obsessed as well. She loves these red shoes that hurt her feet-so I forbid her to wear them in public, because they always end up hurting her! Anyway, darling pictures. Miss you!
I love it!! Makaila only likes 2 pair of shoes and when I take her shoe shopping she refuses to try any on. Seth has such a cute personality!! It's always great to have a good shoe shopping buddy. :)
Hey, Jake is a shoe lover. It comes in very handy. I've gotten many pairs of shoes from him and they were all very stylish and cute. I think every mom should teach their sons how to shop and cook (and iron...Jake does this better than me. Aren't missions great??). Cute pictures!:)
I can't believe Seth is almost 2!? I still remember coming to see him when he was born. He is so cute!
Hi. I just found you from Jamie's blog.
My favorite line from this post: "If I never have a girl, at least I have someone to go shoe shopping with."
:)
Cute blog template!
You are so right Jen - you have it girl! You have your perfect shopping buddy. That is so hillarious that he loves shoes.
Hey, if you can't beat em, join em. He's a cutie!
Post a Comment