Sunday, September 23, 2007

An Eventful Weekend

OK, so I am going to start with today and move backwards through the weekend. Sunday (today), was Wade's first, ever Primary Program. He has been excited for it and has practiced and memorized his part--"Families Can Be Together Forever" (which was actually his entire Sunbeam class saying the line.)

While on stage, he sat pretty still with an occasional wave and gleeful point at the microphone (he was really excited to be sitting right by it.) I even saw him sing a few words of the songs--I was impressed. Although he had memorized his part, he didn't say it :(. I think I confused him because I kept telling him he would say it in the microphone, but they just had his class stand in their spots and say it really loud (my bad)--oh well, there is always next year!

Everything was going great. Wade was on the stage and Matt and I only had to worry about Seth--easy, right? Well, easy turned into HORRIBLE in about two seconds flat. About 5 minutes into the program, Seth started making this gagging noise like he was trying to get something out of his throat. I offered him his sippy cup, thinking it would help, he refused it. He gagged about five or six times and to my absolute HORROR, proceeded to THROW UP all over the floor. Not once or twice, but three times!


I picked him up and ran out the door. Of course, we were parked on the opposite side of where we were sitting so I had to run, with my puke-covered child, in front of the half the ward! When I got him outside, he puked again--I could not believe it, this was my worst nightmare.

Matt took him home while two men helped me clean up the mess (thank goodness for their help) while the Primary Program continued on. I am SO, SO thankful we were on the hardwood--it would have been so much worse if we were on the soft seats.

When Matt got Seth home, he threw up three more times--poor baby. After his third bath of the day, he was fine. It was over, that quick! He was running around, playing and eating like nothing had happened. Today was the CRAZIEST church experience I have ever had!

The final (and best) part of my eventful weekend was "Timeout for Women." It was held in Phoenix and I was able to go with my friends in the ward. It was two of the greatest days filled with the most incredible, uplifting speakers and musicians that inspire you to strive to be a better person! I feel so blessed to have gone.

It was also so much fun to go with the girls and have a break from life! We ate great food, stayed up SUPER late, TALKED till the wee hours of the morning, laughed and cried! Thanks to all who went--it was the best! Also, thanks to Matt, for being so willing to let me go and take on all the responsibilities of home--love you!

14 comments:

Kate Rosenvall said...

Oh...the joyous church events. We have had many of those. That "Timeout for Women" sounded like so much fun. I live for "Girls Weekends."

Kristy Martin said...

I totally feel for you...I would have been in tears! I had NO idea all of this went on! Seth was SO cute to watch, he was in heaven up there. And I agree, it was a great weekend!!

Kristy Martin said...

I said Seth was cute, but obvioulsy I meant Wade!! Seth was just mroe on my mind-poor kid!

Brody Purser said...

Poor Seth...that is the worse when they are sick, and more so when it is at church. You handled it so well and I am very impressed that you stayed for the rest of church...you're amazing. :)

Wade did look so cute up on the stand. It's sad that the sunbeams were more behaved than my 5 year old. I'm glad you had a fun time at time out for women. It's always great to get away for few days.

Amy Y said...

So sorry about Seth. I'm glad you guys had a good time at Time Out, sad I missed out on some of the fun but we can't do everything.

Angie Whitman said...

Oh, that is a nightmare. You seemed to handle it so well. I don't respond very good to suprises like that. I usually just stare and think, "Now what do I do." Thank heavens Jake is quicker than I am. I am glad he got better so quickly!

It was fun to see you too! I'm glad you had a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Jenny that is something that would happen to me...oh my gosh and having to run the other way past everyone i wish i was a fly on the wall to see that event. I hope your little man feels better. Gosh I wish they would do girls weekends like that down here in St. George. Love you Tami Lee

Jamie Christensen said...

I'm so sorry that happen. I was think poor Seth but really it should be poor Jen.

Sorensen Family said...

Oh my gosh Jen, I needed a good laugh, sorry. That was hilarous how you described what happedend. Not funny that poor Seth was barfing all over, poor guy. Im glad he is feeling better.
Linsey

Maggie Holmes said...

so glad he is feeling better jen!! poor little guy!!

Melissa Stadler said...

Oh I felt so bad for you my friend. You were such a trooper and just smiled about it.
TOFW was incredible Jen!!

Amy said...

RASS!!! I love that we found each other! Your little family is seriously so darling! I love your blog and all the pics. Sounds like you are having fun in AZ. Cody is specializing in Pediatrics, so in 2 years we'll be back west. It's so fun hear from you. I'll be checking back all the time. Tell Matt hey for us. LOVES

Amanda said...

How crazy of a Sunday! Souds like a great weekend in Phoenix...Girls weekends are the best!

Evelyn said...

Wow! That is so hard when your kids are sick! Poor little guy! How fun to see Wade in the primary program- that must have been such a thrill- despite the hardships of the day. And... so jealous that you went to time out for women. Wish I were there! Miss you!!