Growing up, Labor Day meant (to me) that: my dad would get a day off from work, you had just started school, the public swimming pools were closing, fall is coming which meant much cooler temps and it is against fashion rules to wear white shoes until next memorial day.
Since we live in Arizona, Labor Day means: my husband gets a day off from work :), school has been in session for over a month, the pools (at least most of them) will stay open for a couple more months, fall is coming and "cooler" temps mean the mid 90's. The only correlation between now and then is the "white shoe" rule, which I have personally broken :)!!
Though Labor Day is a bit different in Arizona then in Utah, it still marks the end of summer. I took a moment to reflect upon the past few months and memories my little family created this summer. I hope you enjoy some pics of our summer highlights...








9 comments:
Cute slideshow-it was fun to watch! I love summer so much, but this time of year is always so fun!
You have been a busy girl this summer! Fun slideshow....I didn't see any pictures of Beehive Camp! How come??:) That was a milestone event, I know!
Precious pictures and wonderful memories with your fam. You are so right about Labor Day...it just means that we are nearing the end. :) But cooler days are coming!!!
Great pics looks like a fantastic summer of fun. Thanks so much for coming to my wedding it was great having you guys there. I got inspired by your page and started a blog for Kenz and I. You'll have to check it out. It's super new so it's slowly growing and evolving. http://joekenzie.blogspot.com/
I love your pics. It looks like you guys had a great summer. I am dying that you went to HS with Nolan. It is a small world! Treo and Nolan got married a little over a year ago and are doing well. They're a good match.
So, what dept. does your dad's wife work? He is welcome to stop by any time. Your dad is a riot. I remember his at your wedding and he's a crack up. We are always up for visitors here. Anyway, I hope all is well. Tell Matt hi from us!
I loved all the pictures, thanks for sharing. I love summer pictures, what a great idea to pile them all together.
What great pictures. You guys had a great summer, especially with Matt's graduation. Labor day in Utah definitely is an end to summer, I'm not sure what marks the end in Arizona though. Is it ever going to cool down this year??
Love the slideshow Jen! You really did have such a great summer, didn't you?? Precious pictures of the kids and you looked so beautiful at Matt's graduation! That made me so excited to see those pictures- what an accomplishment for you guys. Miss you!
I love this post! This is the kind of stuff that I love to see because people just disappear for the summer and it's great to see and hear about where they've been and what they've been up to. It looks like fun! I love the grad pics too...what a milestone! Congrats again!
Post a Comment