Sunday, September 9, 2007

Soccer

Wade started his third season of soccer on Saturday. It was EXTREMELY hot outside (even at 9am), but the kids were troopers and played a great game.

A "great game" consists of a small amount of emotional breakdowns rather than a lot of breakdowns. Every kid on the team is three and they don't have goalies and don't even keep score so, as a parent, you feel good when your child doesn't cry if another team member scores a goal (they don't get the whole teamwork thing) or when they trip over each other and fall down or even when they might get embarrassed if you cheer to loudly.

Wade, actually, has no problem with the latter. He loves it when I cheer for him and each time he scores a goal, he runs to give me a hug. I think it's great. He has a little competiveness in him (he gets it from me--don't even think of challenging me to a game of anything. It isn't that I am good at sports--I'm not, but I am super competitive!)

After each game, Wade knows EXACTLY how many goals he scored and loves to report it to whoever seems interested. Most
of the time, he knows how many goals the other kids on his team scored as well.







It is fun to watch him be excited about it and I love that he is doing something physical and enjoying it! As for me, the parent on the sideline, please pray for cooler temps :)!

6 comments:

Kate Rosenvall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Rosenvall said...

You gotta love it when little boys play soccer. Those pics of Wade are darling.

So, your Dad and Paula just stopped by. It was nice visiting with them. That was so sweet for coming by. It's always nice to have visitors.

I hope you have a great day!
Marcae

Kristy Martin said...

Wade did so good! Brian talked about him and Max and all their goals all day long. I think he was trying to encourage Tanner to be like them!

Nate and Lalani said...

Cute pictures! I love that they play together. wade is a great little soccer player.

Melissa Stadler said...

This is a good sign my friend. His little competitive nature is going to equate to an athlete out on that field. Love it! Yes...we better pray for some cooler temps...soon!!

Evelyn said...

Wow! What fun that must be! He is so darling... I can't wait till Evy can do soccer- it would be so fun to watch your child and hope they hold it together! Glad Wade is loving it . I'll call you soon!