Sunday, November 4, 2007

Disneyland





































Last week we got to go to DISNEYLAND!! We went with Matt's sister and her family and Matt's parents. It was such an amazing trip! Neither Matt nor I have been to Disneyland for many years and my kids have never been, so that made it extra great!

The weather was perfect. We were comfortable in pants and short sleeves and jackets at night. It wasn't too crowded--as a matter of fact, the third day we were there, we walked onto several rides (which is perfect when you have a 2 year old in tow!)

We celebrated Seth's and Matt's birthday at "Goofy's Kitchen" which is a really fun restaurant in the Disneyland Hotel. It is a buffet with all "kid food" (but still yummy for adults too!) There are tons of characters who come around to your table, which is always so much fun. The boys LOVED seeing characters and were so cute to pose for pictures and ask for autographs!

The biggest (pleasant) surprise of all was Wade's willingness to go on EVERY ride he was tall enough to go on! Matt loved it! Among other rides, my little Wade sat front row on Splash Mountain by himself, rode the Matterhorn twice, endured Thunder Mountain and even went on the "Tower of Terror!"

It was also a lot of fun to see Disneyland decorated for Halloween. They did such a great job, especially with Main Street. The parades were a lot of fun and we also got to see "Fantasmik"(sp?) which was incredible. Wade, especially LOVED that. He was screaming "WOW!!" the entire time.

I can't end with out mentioning my favorite part. Matt thinks I am crazy for thinking this is great, but I do. So anyway, we pull into the parking garage on our last day and I reach into my purse and pulled out my credit card to pay for parking. The man takes my card and calls for his co-worker. The co-worker comes over with a certificate, gives me back my card and announces that we are the "Guest Car of the Day!" Parking is free and he asks us to follow him in his car to a "special" parking spot located about twenty feet from the tram that takes you to the park!!! We also got our picture taken by a sign that marks our parking spot. You might be thinking, "that's it?" and yes, that is it, but I couldn't wipe the grin off my face--I thought is was so cool! (I know I am a nerd!)

13 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

YEAH!!! I love Disneyland too! Your boys are so cute in all of those pictures. And Jen, you look soooo good pregnant! It looks like you guys had a blast, I want to go back. I can't believe Wade went on Tower of Terror, I love that ride. Hope all is well.
Hugs and kisses
Linsey

The Bryner Bunch said...

Cute slide show! I wish that we could have been there with you...next year, we're planning on it! Wade is a little dare devil! I can't believe he went on all of those rides...I hardly dare to go on those rides! I like your post, but it makes me jealous! Just kidding! Love you.

Eardley Fam said...

What an absolute blast!!! Sounds like such a great time to go-I'll keep that in mind! And Wade is soo brave-all the big rides!

Unknown said...

Your trip seems so fun! I can't believe how much Wade looks like Matt!! And you look amazing pregnant! It sounds like such a great time. How fun that Wade went on all the rides. The free parking would have been my favorite part too, so you aren't the only nerdy one. I am way jealous of your fun family vacation.

Kristy Martin said...

It does look like it was a successful trip! Kamryn and Tanner rode the Tower of Terror also! I couldn't beleive they came off laughing and not crying! Glad you had fun...

Dana Marchant said...

So fun! I totally love the 'Guest of the Day' concept too -- don't think you're a nerd. I would be WAY excited!! Family vacations aren't so much 'vacations' anymore -- but fun trips. And let's be honest -- it is SO fun to see the kid's eyes light up when they have fun!

JOE BURNS said...

I can totally see you getting excited about the VIP parking spot sweet. I loved the pics I'm way jealous. Makes me want to go really bad. I think everyone at my work has been within the past year except me.

Heidi Berry said...

Disneyland is my favorite place on earth- it sounds like you had so much fun! Cute pictures!

Kate Rosenvall said...

How fun! I LOVE Disneylan! It looks like you guys had a great time. I was totally laughing about the free parking because I would've been just as excited! The pictures are darling.

Amanda said...

I want to go to Disneyland. You're pictures are so cute! I can't believe how brave your oldest is...he's not afraid of anything. Thanks for sharing the "Guest of the Day" story. I wish that there would have been a camera to get your reaction!!!

Evelyn said...

THat looks like so much fun! I've never been to Disneyland during October- that's so cool that they decorate for Halloween. Looks like you guys had a blast. WIsh we could have joined you. Good for Wade to go on those scary rides! Wow!
Darling Halloween costumes- I just can't believe how big they are getting! So cute!!!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Jen, you've been tagged...see my blog. Sorry :)!

Angie Whitman said...

I LOVE Disneyland! Cute slideshow. I bet your boys loved every minute of it. This last January we went and my girls could go on EVERY ride except Indiana Jones! It was so much fun. I knew things would be changing after having Jax!

We had the best experience one year there! This worker escorted us off a ride "Snow White". Kenzie was crying cause she was scared. I was already exhausted cause it was July (HOT)and the park was so PACKED. We had waited forever in line with a 2 and 3 yr old. NOT a good situation. I was ready to head back to our hotel after one ride! Anyways, sorry for the novel. This worker just came out of nowhere and asked us if we wanted to ride some rides. Uh, yeah! So, she took us around to every ride in Fantasyland and we didn't have to wait in line! She was a small miracle that day:)