The town is along Route 66 so it is really old fashioned and fun to visit. We ate at a great little restaurant that was your classic, small town place! After eating, we changed our kids into their pajamas and headed over to the railroad station. While waiting to aboard the train, the kids were able to meet Mrs. Claus and color (or write if you know how!) letters for Santa.

When we got on the train they served us cookies and hot chocolate while we sang Christmas carols. When we reached the "North Pole" Santa got on the train and gave each child a bell. The entire ride took about 40 minutes. The boys loved the train ride the best. They may have been a tad too little to fully appreciate the entire experience, but all in all it was a good time!

11 comments:
Looks like it was an adventure! What a fun way to kick off the hoilday season. Did you read "The Polar Express" to the boys to prep them for the trip? They seemed to have really enjoyed it even if they didn't really understand it! Love you guys and I am excited for Thanksgiving!!!
IT was fun, and I'm SO glad that it was cold, but not THAT cold! Seth did so good the entire time also for how late it was!!
Looks like it was so much fun. We have been debating on if we are going to take Addison this year or wait until she is a little older. Any suggestions? Have a good Thanksgiving.
Oh man! That looks like so much fun- Jen! I'm so jealous. You guys look adorable in those pictures. What a fun weekend. That would be such a neat little tradition to have every year. LOVED reading your post on Wade. You are such a sweet mom and Wade is so lucky to have you and Matt. He is a wonderful little guy! It's true- there is no one like Wade!! Love the pirate hot dog boats!
That sounds like such fun! Your boys are so cute. Wade looks just like Matt!!
I love it!! What a fun little experience. I bet the boys LOVED it. We are actually doing the Heber Valley Railroad Polar Express in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited.
I hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing you guys at the Roper Family Christmas Party!
That looks like so much fun! We did something similar to that last year in UT in Heber City. It was a blast. You look so cute Jen...seriously!
Hey will you email me your address? amyhughes8980@gmail.com
Tis the season for Christmas cards!
THANKS!
Jenny that looks like such a fun thing to do. How much did something like that cost. I want to find something like that down here, maybe st george or cedar will have something or maybe not huh. You look beautiful Lov Tami
I am so jealous. I think I would have enjoyed it more than my kids. I have always loved the book...it makes me a believer everytime I read it. What a great tradition!
We have been talking about making the drive to AZ to do that. I don't know if Ella would quite appreciate it yet though! I think I'd be o.k. just to go for the holiday atmosphere and hot cocoa!!!P.S. You are BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment