Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Since moving to Arizona, we have had EVERY Thanksgiving here. Two of those times, I had just had babies and the other two we spent Christmas in Utah so we just stayed here for Thanksgiving. This year was no exception, we were here, but it was the BEST Thanksgiving yet!

My family came down for the feast and lots of fun! Both of my sister's, their husbands, Logan, my dad and his wife and even my Grandma and Grandpa were here--it was really great! Ben made the turkey and some delicious yams, Matt made his dad's famous pumpkin pies and the gravy, while my Grandma and I handled the rest. I guess after a few tries at Thanksgiving (over the past years) has taught me a thing or two, because I did a really good job this year (if I do say so myself!) Everything tasted great.

We spent the rest of the weekend watching football, shopping (a little), seeing "Enchanted", going out to eat a few times, and LOTS and LOTS of GUITAR HERO!

Julie and John brought Guitar Hero with them and, in the opinion of myself and my family, it is the BEST game out there! We all had a blast challenging and encouraging each other as we played rock songs on the guitar. If you have never heard of this game, I highly recommend it! If you have heard of this game, then you know what I am talking about!

I love my family so much and we always have a great time just hanging out and doing nothing. It was a great weekend and Matt, the boys and I miss them all so much all ready!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had quite the party. That is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Love the post, love you, love guitar hero. Period end of discussion...

JK, what a blast! I'm sad it's done :(

You guys gotta pass through Vegas on your way up for Christmas, or we won't see eachother at all til the new year :( :( :( :( and that's way to sad, if you can't tell by my many sad faces. Let me know.

Love you,
JU

Unknown said...

Your Thanksgiving looked so fun. How nice to have your whole family there!

I have never played Guitar Hero! I really want to try it now!!

Tami and Kaleo said...

I have never played guitar hero, but have always wanted to. Huh, now I know what to get my husband for christmas. haha.I love that you cooked thanksgiving. I had to cook a turkey this year and oh yea it was a treat and surprise. Your great Jen love ya

Sorensen Family said...

WOW, I can't even imagine having to make Thankdsgiving dinner, that is amazing Jen. I too love guitar hero! It is so fun. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving dinner with the whole family, I love seeing all your pictures. I also wanted to say that I loved your post about the Polar Express. The Heber Creeper does the same thing and I was thinking of taking my kids too. How fun!
Good to see all the fun pictures,
Love Linsey

Angie Whitman said...

Looks like your becoming quite the chef! I love making Thanksgiving dinner. My feet always hurt after the long day in the kitchen. The food never tastes quite as good when I cook it myself though!:)

p.s. I bet its nice to not be at YWIE! Or did you go?:) Good luck with your new calling! You'll do great! I know the YW will miss you and the leaders!

Armstrongs said...

I did Thanksgiving too! We had 16 people. Having done Thanksgiving in the past I have to admit that I was so much more organized and I enjoyed it so much more.

By the way...(late comment) I noticed the Elmo Birthday cake for Seth...that too brought back so many memories of Chase and Wade. I think between the two of us we ate 95% of the cake.

The Bryner Bunch said...

Thanksgiving was so much fun this year! I agree, the food was fabulous...just the way I like it! We have to get our hands on one of those Guitar Heros for the Wii...I think I am going into withdrawals! Love you and thanks for being such a wonderful hostess!

Evelyn said...

I bet it was a delicious feast- you are an amazing cook! Looks like it was so much fun. Oh- I haven't heard of that game- I'll have to look it up. Looks like a great one. Glad you had a nice holiday!

Brody Purser said...

What a great Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you had all your fam in town. I will have to look into guitar hero, looks like so much fun!

Love your new background, very cute! I am going in on Saturday to be started...woo hoo!! Thanks for thinking about me. :)

Amanda said...

I'm sure you did a fabulous job hosting Thanksgiving. Guitar Hero is so much fun...definitely an addiction. It's proabably a good thing we don't have one!