Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've Been Tagged...again

Some of you who have been blogging for awhile know that I have been tagged before, but over the past couple of months I have been reconnected with some of my old friends from college and high school through this very blog, so I am fine with doing it again. It is a different tag too, so those of who read my last one might not be so bored!

OK, so here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

So here is mine:
1. I am a creature of HABIT and ROUTINE. If I find something that works for me then I stick to it for a long time (if not forever.) I am not good with surprises (I actually like them if I am truly surprised, but I rarely am because I will do anything to find out a surprise if I know one is coming.) For example, I eat the EXACT same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday. I know it is healthy, I know it will fill me up and I know it tastes good--to me that is all I need. My kids have been on routines since day one, which has turned out to be a good thing, but is always hard on the days when unforeseen circumstances come into play and I have two tired, cranky boys because our routine has been changed!

2. I love reality TV. Among my favorites are "The Hills", "The Bachelor" and "The Biggest Loser." As a matter of fact, I would say most of the shows I watch are reality shows.

3. I LOVE to exercise. It makes a huge difference in my day. I love the escape, the release of endorphins and how my body feels after I have finished my workout. I also love to talk about dieting and nutrition. If I see a TV show, news article, etc about those subjects, I am hooked!

4. I also love to talk about/ hear about celebrities--especially Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson--you know all the great, dramatic people! Matt laughs whenever I talk about them because he says "I talk like they are my personal friends and like I actually know them." Sometimes I do feel like I know them because I hear and read so much about their lives, which is also kinda sad for them. I am sure it is hard to live in the spotlight.

5. I hate peanut butter. I have always hated peanut butter. I guess I shouldn't say I hate peanut butter in general because I do like it in candy, cookies and ice cream, but I have NEVER eaten a peanut butter sandwich in my entire life--I have tried, but can't do it. It seems so disgusting. My kids eat peanut butter, though--Seth LOVES it, but I think Wade is like me--he doesn't seem to like it that much.

6. I love to craft--especially paper crafts. I like to home-make cards, paint wood things, glue and create wonderful things for my home and other people. I only wish I had more time to do these things, but whenever I can, I try to squeeze in a little time here and there.

6 people I am tagging are:
1. Brooke Eardley
2. Lynette Wettstein
3. Linsey Sorensen
4. Joe Burns
5. Amy Hughes
6. Jamie Christensen

I did also want to mention:
A few weeks ago we got our family pictures taken (thanks Bekah.) It was a challenge, to say in the least, because of Seth. I love him to bits, but he is a TWO-YEAR-OLD through and through. He knew all we wanted was to take one good picture and because of that, we were putty in his hands. He had complete control of all of us--and here are the pictures to prove it! We did, however, end up with a couple of good pics that I plan to use for our Christmas card!


16 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

Those look SO good! The one of Seth is perfect! And you look so pretty also! I love family pictures, even though they are a huge pain with crazy toddlers!!

Angie Whitman said...

You do look pretty Jen!
That is funny reading those. I just got tagged too! I might just have to cut and paste your answers 1-4. It was like I was writing those myself. Hmmm, who knew? Well, I've taken a little "break" from the whole #3. I started back up today, but NORMALLY I'm addicted to exercise and I love learning nutrition facts. Must be why I bought the bodybugg. I'm a sucker for any gadget that goes with helping with exercise or diet!:)

Anonymous said...

Haha Jen reading your tag was just like describing myself. Well maybe all of them about reality tv, loving to exercise and you feel like you know Jessica and Britney. I watch E news instead of Fox is that sad. haha. I wish i was more crafty. I miss you, your kids look so cute and of course love the hair you combination of highlights with dark underneath looks way cute. I love you. I promise a blog by the end of the year . See ya Tami

The Bryner Bunch said...

I think you look way pretty in all of the pics! I think you should use the one with Seth just standing there by himself. It is so funny and it is so him! I can relate to all of your tag answers also except, of course, I LOVE PB&J!!! Love you!

Kate Rosenvall said...

Such darling pictures. You look fabulous!! I will be awaiting the "Roper Family Christmas Card" again this year :) Can't wait!

Heidi Berry said...

I love your pictures! You guys are such a cute family. I love the facts you wrote about yourself. My sister tagged me about two weeks ago, and I haven't done it yet.

Sorensen Family said...

Ok so my favorite photo is the very last one. I love yours and Matts, and Wades faces it is great. I love the rest of them too and Jen you don't even look pregnant, you look so cute.

I have to tell you that I don't know if I will be able to follow up with the tag, Im terrible at updating so we will see, plus I don't even know 6 people to tag.

Love Linsey

Unknown said...

First, you look great for being pregnant. Second, you are hilarious! It's funny how people can change, but stay the same. When I was reading your list I felt like we were back in college. It made me smile!

Anonymous said...

You know I always love taking pics of your adorable family. You guys are basically our family right? Candid pictures are always my favorite to take because it shows everyone's true personality & the stage of life they are in instead of always being posed. I think alot of those candids of Seth were some of the best because he looks like he is getting aways with something...hmmm...I wonder what? :)

Amanda said...

Jen...you are so pretty! I can't even tell you are a little bit prego! I love that you watch "The Hills". That is one of my favorites. Did you watch Laguna Beach? I never knew that you didn't like peanut butter...thanks for sharing!!!

JOE BURNS said...

Why am I the only male that got tagged? I feel so gay right now
:( haha. Ok so do you guys have Wade auditioning for any child acting roles or TV commercial spots yet? I think he's far and away cute enough for such a career.

Anonymous said...

Golly... those 6 things is totally Jen in a Nutshell! I love the family pics, and can't wait to see all of them! Seth is naughty of course because he is two, but seriously he is soooooooooooo dang cute! His blue eyes are to die for. I really miss the boys and can't wait for Thanksgiving! PS, it's official we're bringing the X-Box with Guitar Hero down so the whole fam can have a crack at it...it's gonna be so fun! Especially to see Dad playing it! :)
Love you
Miss you
Ju

Amy said...

Your family pics are SO cute! As it has been said, you are such a BABE! I love the candid one at the end. I know the feeling. I am SO SO interested to know what exactly it is you eat for breakfast and lunch everyday and don't get sick of! Fill me in! I also liked doing the tag. It was fun, so thanks!

Mandi said...

Holy Crap... You don't even look pregnant... so not fair, you are making the rest of us look bad... thanks a lot!!! seriously... such cute pictures, are you planning on using them for your christmas cards? Hope you are feeling better. talk to you soon.
love ya
m

Terri said...

Jen I will have to be another comment that talks about your belly, the one you dont have!! Whats up with that. You look so great. Love the family pictures. Your tag was so funny!!! I cant believe you dont like peanut butter!! I didnt know people existed that didnt like peanut butter. Especially a crunchy peanut butter with blackberry jam on Sara Lees wheat bread! Ok so I just made myself hungry I think I shall go make one. :) :)
Love you Jen!!

Evelyn said...

I'm just like you.... creature of habit. I can totally relate to all 6 things you mentioned. No wonder we are such great friends! LOVE the pictures. You look amazing- and I love that picture of Seth. I really dislike trying to take a good family pic- with a two year old. It almost never turns out. But you guys all look great.