Matt grew up with all sisters and I only have sisters as well, so camping in any form was not a big part of our childhood years. We do know, however, we better get camp savvy with at least 3 little boys (and probably more boys to come :)), it is inevitable.
Matt and his friend, Nate who has two boys the exact same age as ours, decided against spending the night, but left here around noon so they could take advantage of having most of the day. All 6 of them piled into our car and headed up to join our ward for an adventure in the mountains/ woods which included:
playing in the creek:


hiking around:


and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows:
My boys LOVE being outside and had a WONDERFUL time. Matt also loved spending special time with the boys. Some of the highlights were: the hours and hours of amusement with the creek and an equal amount of amusement with finding sticks in the woods. Wade, also, thought it was REALLY neat to roast his own hot dog while Seth was perfectly content eating 2 1/2 hot dogs, chips, soda and about 10 marshmallows--yikes!
Matt knew it was time to head home when both kids were crying and begging to leave because it was so cold (they definitely have AZ blood.) They got home around 11pm, tired, happy and DIRTY (these pics don't do justice to how dirty they really were):

It was a great time had by all (with mom enjoying her day off at home as well :)!)
11 comments:
You're right, the Roper's are not much for camping. (At least, not the Gary Roper family!) I'm glad Matt took them. The boys are so cute and full of adventure. I love their enthusiasm and zest for life. I can't wait to see the next little cutie pie. It's getting close---Yeah!!
Love you all!
Looks like your boys had a great time. How fun for them to do that and give you a little break.
Your boys are darling.
Looks like so much fun! I need to get camp savvy too. Although hopefully Justin will be as good as Matt and just take the boys so I can have a day off!
Seth is quite the eater! Wow!! The pic of him after the trip is classic, he really looks like he had a great time!!
Jen sorry about you getting knocked off our favorites list sometimes these things happen... Kidding I was adding new links and my amount of links was at 10 so I adjusted it to like 20, and you were back. Looks like a fun camp out maybe when I'm fifty and have boys I'll take them on a similar adventure.
Oh that's so much fun! Hope you got some time for yourself! Did you get to sleep in? That's what I'm looking forward to when my husband takes my boys! :)
I wonder if the ward would let Chase take the girls--I could use a day off :) Looks like they had a lot of fun, and I'm impressed Matt got some good pictures. Chase would probably take the camera and come home without a single shot.
HOW fun! I just love camping it is great fun. Looks like Wade got a haircut. He looks so cute. What cute boys they are so darling.
Linsey
Chase would have loved it! Sometimes I really miss you guys a lot!
How fun! I bet your boys were in heaven!
i love how dirty they are!! now that it is warm and my boys are playing outside again, i can't believe how dirty they are at night! there is seriously an inch of dirt in the tub when they are done!! you gotta love boys and their ability to have fun and not care about getting dirty!!
I'm glad that they had some fun, dirty, boy bonding time! Logan and Ben will have to go on their next campout and we'll go shopping:)
Post a Comment