The Hunsaker's picked up Wade for soccer while the rest of us headed over to the event. There were balloons, prizes, music and food. Matt and his staff gave tours of the office and chatted with everyone who came. Matt has a wonderful staff who worked so hard to make this event great and they did an amazing job!
If any of you dental school graduates are getting ready to do something like this soon, BE SURE TO GET A SITTER FOR THE KIDS! I know I should have and it is almost common sense, but I thought with Wade being gone to soccer half the time, it wouldn't be so bad watching Seth while trying to participate and get to know the visitor's--well, to say in the least, I was WRONG!!
At first, Seth entertained himself by pushing the stroller around (typical) and refused to even think about sitting in it. I decided we both needed a break so we went to sit in the car for a minute, cool off and watch part of a movie. I also opted to put the stroller away.
After our timeout, things seemed to be going okay. Seth was running around, but staying in my eyesight, until I took my eyes off of him for a SPLIT SECOND to introduce my friend to Matt's partner. Well, you can imagine what happened--Seth disappeared.I excused myself from the conversation and started running (keep in mind I am 9 months pregnant :)) down the sidewalk that I last saw him on. He was running with another little boy and I could see that kid about 25 yards away at the entrance of the grocery store "Basha's."
When I got to that boy I asked him where Seth was, but he was too little to understand me. I just kept running up the sidewalk. My heart was pounding, I was sweating and my life was seriously flashing before my eyes. I couldn't believe I couldn't find him. I started to think, "what am I going to do?", "what am I going to tell Matt?" I continued to round the corner of the strip mall and was now over 100 yards away from the practice.
I was frantic and asking/panicking to anyone I saw if they had seen a little boy run by. No one had, so I decided to run back. I ran into a lady from my old ward and few others outside the grocery store and they started to help me look. I ran into the grocery store and screamed, "has a little boy come in here?" They began to look and started making announcements over the intercom.
Suddenly I could see my friend, Lalani, waving her arms trying to get my attention. I ran back down to the practice and she exclaimed, "Jen, I have him, he has been here the whole time!" I can't even describe the relief I felt at that moment. I let everyone know, who had been helping me look, he was okay and hugged my little boy tighter than I ever had.
He was "lost" for a good 5 minutes and it felt like an eternity. Even though it is 3 days later, I still find myself hugging him and kissing him a little tighter than usual. I do not know what I would have done if I really had lost him. Thank goodness it wasn't anything worse (or really anything at all.)
We decided to call it a day after that, not to mention the massive contractions I was having (I guess I know what to do if I get desperate to have this kid ;)!) It turned out to be a great day despite our mishap! Thank you to all who supported us!
20 comments:
I hate those panic-stricken moments. All mothers have them. I wished we could keep track of them every second, but it is impossible! We lost Spence at Lagoon and I had the most hopeless feeling. I just wanted to sit down a cry.
That open house looked so fun. I know Matt was happy about it.
Give Seth an extra love for us! And Wade too.
P.S. You are such a cute pregnant lady!
Whew!!!!!! Oh I'm so glad you found him. Oh man, I can't even count the times Luke has escaped (on purpose of course) and I freak out beyond control every time! So glad your friend was lookin out for him! Congrats on your husbands new office!
My heart was totally beating for you while I was reading that!!! That is very scary. Congrats to Matt for his practice. That would have been fun to see! I didn't realize he was so close to opening one up for himself! By the way...you are sooo cute too!!! I can't believe you're 9 months pregnant. Can't wait to see the new babe!!!
There isn't a worse feeling than not knowing where your kids are. What a relief that you found him fairly quick and that there were people willing to help find him. Sounds like a crazy fun day for your husbands practice. A lot of work, too, I bet!
You are seriously the cutest pregnant girl, EVER! You're so close. Good luck!
Sethie is so fast! How scared you must have felt. I'm glad he was safe and sound:) I don't know what I would do without little Sethie in my life either. Such a sweet and CRAZY little boy! Love him and all of you so much and I am glad Matt's opening was such a success!
Jen,
I cannot believe you are having another boy! Congratulations! I just read your blog. So cute and your family is adorable. I will have to set up my own blog some day, but I know I will never update it!
Looks like you are doing well.
Lots of love,
Haley Bendixen
Yay, congratulations Matt! How exciting for you guys!
I thought I lost Clayton once. I totally understand how five minutes can feel like an eternity. I'm glad you found him and that everything was okay!
Wow! I started crying reading your post because I was getting so scared! What a relief that he was fine the whole time. And what a DARLING picture of Seth. he is so cute!
And I can't believe he already opened his practice. That's so amazing. Maybe he can be our dentist while we're in Tucson(Mike is flying down this weekend to make the final decision, but we're 95% sure-I'll let you know when we decide).
You look so darling!! I can't believe how tiny you are. Love you! Jen
Jen, oh Jen! Sorry for all the chaos you seemed to have experienced. YIKES! Tell Matt CONGRATS on the practice!
OH MY GOSH! I would have died from panic! I am so glad he was safe the whole time, I can't even imagine. I always dread that moment, I hope I never have to experience that.
We stopped by the grand opening and everything was really great! Its such a nice office and the staff members were really great. I am so excited for you guys. :)
I hope little Trenton is giving you a break today and letting you breathe! We can't wait to meet him!
Bekah
Geez! I was getting anxiety just reading this, I'm glad everything turned out ok!
Congratulations to Matt, what a big day!
YEAH! Way to go you guys! That is so awesome and exciting! I'll have to call you for advice come next year with Cody being done and all. That is so great! You look great being 9 months prego. I'm glad you found Seth, that is every mother's worst nightmare. I'm sorry you had to experience that on the day of the grand opening and while being 9 months pregnant. You are one tough gal. Sure do love ya!
Hi Matt and Jen,
I just want to congratulate you on your practice. That is a long road, and a huge accomplishment. Good luck and again congrats!
Jordon Sharp
Hi Matt and Jen,
This is Jordon and I just want to congratulate you on your practice. That is a long road, and a huge accomplishment. Good luck and again congrats!
Jordon Sharp
Congratulations on the grand opening, you guys! That's such a great thing!
I can't imagine the feeling of not knowing where Seth was! I have yet to experience that with Mase, but I just had my heart racing when I was reading about your experience. I'm so glad that it wasn't too long and that he was ok!
Jen and Matt, nice photos, the practice looks amazing. Can't wait until I can get started on mine. Jen, your husband says you have a nice cavity or two for me? :-)
Just imagine in 3 weeks you'll have 3 to chase after instead of two!!!! good luck. The "grand opening" looked fun. Good luck with the baby!
Congratulations on the practice I'm proud of you both for what you have accomplished. Glad to hear that Seth was found so quick and that it wasn't a big deal. Hope you guys are doing great and Matt your suns are starting to worry big time. I hate no other sports franchize more than the Spurs and your Suns aren't doing their job!
wow-I had no idea you guys were opening up your own practice! Congrats-that is soo great and hopefully we will be calling in a few years for advice:) So glad Seth was okay-that is THE WORST feeling. You are too cute prego!
Congratulations on getting the practice going. That is so exciting! Jeff said he had a good time working with Matt. BTW: You have such a cute belly.
That is so scary about Seth. It is seriously a parent's worst nightmare. I bet that was the longest 5 minutes of your life.
Post a Comment