2pm-7pm: With 2 trips to the hardware store and a few interruptions (phone calls, etc.), Matt put together our new bunk beds. While he did this, the boys could hardly contain themselves--running around, screaming and cheering (literally, for 5 hours!) They could not wait to try out their new beds.
7pm-7:45pm: We bathed the boys, did our normal nightly routine, but this time stories and songs were together in their new room. (For any of you who keep track, yes we are past our normal bedtime, the building of the beds took a little longer then expected.)


7:45pm: Lights out. This is a new concept for Wade because he is "scared" of the dark and sleeps with the bathroom light on (used to be his bedroom light, so at least we are making progress.) We told him that because he gets to sleep with Seth, he doesn't need a light on. Now they have a small night light which seemed to be okay with both of them.8pm: They are still up there talking and laughing (which we expected.)
8:30pm: STILL, talking and laughing--it seems to be getting louder so I go up to check on them. They have turned on the bedroom light and are playing with the books and few toys we have in the room. I, manually, turn off the light from the fixture to prohibit them turning it on again and ask them to, please go to bed!
9pm: I head up to bed (I know it is early, but I am SOOOO pregnant and tired) and check on the boys. This is what I saw:

"Not half bad," I think to myself. Not only were they SOUND asleep (Wade was actually snoring), they were both in their own beds and seemed content. I was also pleased to see that Seth was IN a bed. If you remember, I have mentioned that he doesn't usually sleep in his bed. Instead, I find him on the floor by the door every night I check on him, so this was a pleasant surprise.1am: Matt fell asleep watching TV and did one last check on the them before coming to our bed and found Seth in his old room and bed! Silly boy! Matt moved him back to his new room and bed and thinks he stayed there the rest of the night.
All in all, we are happy with how well they did! I have been nervous about this for a long time and feel relieved that it went so well. Now, I have to get serious: redecorate and paint the boy's room and do the same to the nursery. Not to mention, finish moving Seth's clothes and other stuff to his new room while washing and putting away baby's stuff. Hmmm...it sounds like I will be busy these next couple of weeks ;)! At least I can cross, "putting the boys together in a room" off my list!
16 comments:
How fun. From the looks of the pictures, the boys seem ecstatic. I can't believe you only have 19 more days. I'm so excited for you.
I love the pictures of the boys sleeping, it is the greatest! Those bunkbeds look so cute too. I was laughing hysterically reading about how the night was playing out. How exciting, a new baby so soon.
Love ya tons,
Linsey
So funny how Sethie went back to his old bed...I love that crazy kid so much! Other than that minor detail, it sounds like the night went very well! I sure they will love being roomates...that was one of my fondest memories growing up:)
I can help you paint, decorate, sort clothes, whatever. Let me know and please don't attack all of these tasks on your own!
That is so fun! Noah is going to move into Clayton's room in about 6months and I am really nervous about it! It gives me hope that your kids made the transition so well.
Yea for them! That is so funny that Matt found him in his room. Payton did the SAME thing! Only a few times though. Their are going to love sharing a room.
Wow, Jen! That's amazing! Good for you guys-and I'm so excited that they slept well together. So cute!
Oh- and congrats on Matt's new office. I checked out the website and it's awesome. I'm so excited for you guys- that is wonderful. Yeah! Now you just need for this little baby to get here. Miss you!
I cannot believe that it went so well. I am not so brave and have decided to keep them in separate bedrooms, at least for now!
Such cute pictures! Miss you!
Great job to your boys! We've tried this with Ty and Luke...big mistake every time! I swear they'll be in separate rooms forever...they would stay up ALL NIGHT!
You are so ambitious! The boys seem so thrilled to be together. That is great they are adjusting so well.
Don't over due it during this last part of your pregnancy. I remember the last couple of weeks, it seems like it goes on forever! Hang in there! Can't wait for baby Trenton to get here!
Love, Mer
Cute pictures of your boys in their new room!
What cute bunk beds!! I am glad it went so well. I think it is so fun to have them share a room. That is so funny that Seth went back to his old room. Makaila's toddler bed is still up in Jett's room, and we find her all the time in there...so funny. Looks like you're about ready for this little guy to arrive, I can't wait. Sorry I missed your shower, crazy over here, and sick kids. :(
Looks like Matt's grand opening went well. So scary that you thought you lost Seth. I'm glad he was okay.
Those are the cutest bunk beds -- and how cute that they love being together so much that they are fine with being roommates. They're such sweet boys!
Jen-
Your pictures are so cute of the boys. I bet your boys will love sharing a room. How fun.
I hope you are feeling well. Thanks for all of your sweet comments you make on my blog.
Jamie
Jen! How dang cute your posts are. I have not looked at anyones posts in so long. I had to catch up finally. Ok so Seth disapperaring Silver did that to me too once and it is the worst feeling. And I cant believe Matt is starting his own practice, that is soooo awesome! And last my favorite story....The vacuum!!!! Soooo funny, I love that he dumps crumbs, I would just laugh so hard if my kids did that. Sooo exciting your almost done, I wish I was that far along! Aggghhh Love ya girl, good luck!
they did so good jen!! that is awesome! those pics are too cute of them sleeping!!!
That is hilarious that Seth moved back to his old room and bed.
I think bunk beds are so fun. Ashlyn slept with her cousin on his top bunk last weekend, and really wants one now.
Post a Comment