Sunday, September 7, 2008

For the Love of a Croc

Who knew a pair of shoes could bring so much happiness to my little boy? When I think back to when I purchased Seth's Crocs (or more properly referred to as "Crocies" by Seth), I actually considered NOT buying them because they seemed too expensive. In my opinion, $25 bucks is a lot to spend on a pair of shoes for a little boy who is growing like a weed, but I am glad I ended up buying them because they have served us well.

Seth has worn his Crocs, literally, everyday since I bought them. They run in sizes 6/7 or 8/9, etc so he has been able to fit into them for almost a year now--wow! Like I said above, he LOVES his Crocs. Here is a little proof:

The other night I went up to check on him and found him asleep in his bed with his Crocs on. I had left them in his room and I guess he decided to put them on and fall asleep with them.

In addition to that, a couple months ago, to Seth's HORROR, we could not find one of his Croc's. He went the whole day wearing flip flops that I, actually, love, but are too hard for him to hold on his feet. He is used to his Crocs where there is a back strap to help hold them on. Since they were hard to keep on, he would take them off in the car, at the store, at the gym, etc. He also could not put them back on himself, so I spent a large part of the day re-putting his flip flops back on. I was beginning to think I didn't really like those flip flops anymore :).

That night, Matt put Seth to bed and came back downstairs. After Seth had been in his room for a little while he yelled down something behind his closed door and we couldn't really understand what he was saying, but said, "Okay Seth, thank you, go to bed!" He seemed satisfied with that and went to sleep.

Before I went to bed, I checked on him and this is what I saw:

He must have been yelling, "Mommy, I found my Croc!" He also must have been so excited that he slipped it right on his foot even though the other one was downstairs.

Seth LOVES his Crocs! I wonder what will happen when he actually does grow out of them--thank goodness they run in larger sizes!

1 comment:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

That is too cute! And that is how I am with my crocs -- I LOVE them! ;)