Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Poor Little Trent

I keep saying how much I love and adore Trent and I am not alone--he is loved and adored by many--especially his brothers. I know most of you know what I mean when I say he is "loved" too much by his brothers. Since his brothers are 2 and 4, their way of showing affection is more of a mauling/ attacking form--to mine and Matt's dismay.




This poor baby puts up with so much. His brothers are in his face 24/7 and the funny thing is that, most of the time, he doesn't mind it and, actually, smiles, giggles and coo's at them. I have said many times that Trent is such a sweet baby and he is (thank goodness.) I do, however, look forward to the day when he can stand up for himself a little more and not have to put up with all the "love." In the meantime, I am glad he is okay with it!

Another noteworthy event is that TRENT ROLLED OVER! Because I am an ultra-crazy mom (about avoiding a flat head/ helmet), he spends a lot of his awake time being held or on his belly. Well, the other day, he was on a blanket in the living room and I had his elbows propped under him so he wasn't face planting the carpet and he leaned over and rolled! I was freaking out and cheering so loud!! He was grinning from ear to ear (although I am sure he didn't know what I was so excited about!)



I put him back on his belly, ran to get my camera and he did it again before I could get back to take the pic! So, I rolled him back on his belly, snapped a before pic...and an after pic because he did it a third time!

Today, he even rolled from back to tummy too. I love it and hate it at the same time. It is going by too fast :(. I just love this baby stage so much and he is so much fun, although I am proud of one of his first big accomplishments!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! I think it is so cute that Trent is 'loved' so much by his brothers. He is going to be one tough little kid!

Wade looks so old playing soccer! I wish that they let kids here play soccer before kindergarten (you have to be 5 when the season starts here) boo.

Seth's crocs crack me up. Clayton has a pair and he is the same way with them (wearing them to bed and all)!

Anonymous said...

His smile just lights up the room!

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe it. What a cutie... I am totally feeling your pain. Parker and his big fat hands are always all over his poor little brother. I guess it is really true, what (who) doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. hee hee

Chase and Teresa said...

Poor Trent to be so loved ;) Ashlyn shows her love by squeezing Alyssa as tight as she can in a bear hug. It is hard to teach soft love.

It looks like you guys have been super busy.

The Venutis said...

He is getting so big. How fun that his brothers love him so much.

Angie Whitman said...

I had a lot to catch up on! You have been busy. I can't believe Trent rolled. He is getting so big! Where does the time go?
I am sorry for your LONG trip to C.C.! You are braver than I am. Once it took us 4 1/2 hours to get to Flagstaff and I turned around and went home. I haven't braved the drive since. My kids are not good in the car for longer than 45 minutes or maybe I'm just not patient enough??

Sorensen Family said...

Yeah for Trent! I can't believe he can already roll over, he is only 4 months. He is going to be walking before you know it.

Seth looks so cute alseep with his crocs on. Wade turning five just boggles my mind.

Too bad you couldn't have done an extra 4 hours and made it up tp SLC too. :)

Love ya,
Linsey

Marie Holmes said...

This is Jocey. Trent is getting SO big! He's way cute to. I love it when Baby's are in that stage!

The Hunt's said...

Oh my gosh Jen, look at that face! He is so darling! I hear you about it going so fast, it makes me sad, but at least that forces us to enjoy every moment, right?

Jennie Nichols said...

Ahhhh, he can't get any cuter!

Well, I was sick for a few days and then I went out of town. So I haven't been to the gym but 1 time in the past week or so. But I'll be there tomorrow morning! :)

How's your training coming along?

Jennie N.

jenichild said...

What a cutie! That smile is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to meet him. And how cute with the crocs. Isn't it sweet how much they attach themselves to little things?

You look like a supermom. I don't know how I would handle three darling energetic little boys. You're amazing!

Marie Holmes said...

I'm glad that Trent doesn't seem to mind. Those brothers just love him! It is a glorious day when they can fend for themselves!
We had so much fun when you visited. Can't wait for the next get-together!

Vanes said...

How dang cute! I LOVE the picture of him in the middle of the roll - what a great shot! He looked SO proud!! :) Sad we missed ya - my mom was visiting so my dad didn't even mention the get-to-gether!! :)

Marcae said...

I, too, was so excited when Mia rolled over for the first time. However, she is so used to being on her tummy all the time that when she turns on her back, she's not so happy.

I love that your boys love to "maul" little Trent. They are all goign to be such great friends!

The Funderburks said...

Glad you figured out who we are!! I know that name throws people off. Keep in touch! Wish you could come to homecoming.

Melissa Stadler said...

I hear you Jen! Can you even leave him alone without the "mauling?" There is a whole lot of love going on.
It was so cute to watch Seth with Sadie yesterday. You can tell that he LOVES babies but he was so good with her.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! Trent is so cute and really looks so much like Wade and Seth! You should really frame that pic of him smiling on his tummy after his belly roll! John was telling me about the "love" the boys give Trent too... its all with such good intentions, but is so naughty at the same time! So I'll call you this week to catch up more. PS tell Waders Aunt Ju and Uncle John are proud of him for doing so good in school and being so responsible!
Love you,
Ju

Eardley Fam said...

Triplets is right! I can't believe how much they all look alike and they are all such handsome little guys! Trent is getting so big! I agree with the sibling love-sometimes it is just too much love.