Monday, September 22, 2008

It Was My Turn

I have mentioned before that Seth is participating in a "joy school" with 7 other 2 year olds in the ward. Wade did this too when he was 2. We LOVED it then and we LOVE it now. It is wonderful to have this situation for Seth where he can play with friends and listen to another adult for a change while knowing it will be twice a week, every week, for two hours each day. Sounds perfect, right? Well it is perfect--perfect until it is time for ME to take my turn as the TEACHER!

Okay, so I AM being a little dramatic. It, really, isn't that bad when your turn rolls around, but it is a little crazy (how could it not be with eight 2 year olds running around!?)

My teaching subject is animals and, thankfully, that is an extremely easy subject to find lots of material on. We had a great time. The kids were darling and I am happy it will be another 2 months until my turn rolls around again :)!

In this pic, the the kids are hanging the "birdfeeder" we made in our backyard. Nice tree, huh?:
Seth is making "kid sushi" out of rice crispy treats and swedish fish wrapped in fruit roll-up. It is, actually, pretty tasty:
The kids kept running to the window to see if a bird had eaten from the bird feeder yet (I'll give you one guess to figure out if that ever happened :)!):
This is a pic of the rest of the kiddos working on their "kid sushi!":
Between the 2 days we glued cotton balls on a picture of a lamb, feathers on a picture of a bird, ate "animal" food and colored pigs pink and purple. The key was to keep them BUSY!

2 comments:

The Bryner Bunch said...

Looks like you found a lo of cute ideas. Next time it's your turn, let me know and I could come over and help.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

I've been wanting to do that with Davie and a group of friends as well. Should I wait till she's two or older? I'll be calling you when i decide to head it up.