That's right, they are REALLY back from their European sabbatical. Not only are they back, but they flew into Arizona so we were able to spend a few days with them before they packed up and headed back to Vegas to get organized and start their American lives again.We had a wonderful time with them! John jumped right back into his "manny" duties which reminded me how thankful I am for him! Ju got to meet Trent, in person, for the first time and was so sweet with him. They played lots and even took a little nappy together :).
The weekend was spent as our get-togethers usually go: out to eat, movies and (of course) Guitar Hero!This time, we also got to go to the gym and attempted to run together outside (which didn't pan out because it was a little harder than some--who shall remain nameless-- expected.) The best part, though, was watching Conference together.
Wasn't conference amazing? I feel so blessed to be able to sit in the comfort of my own home with my family and hear the words our Heavenly Father would like us to hear from our church leaders for 8 hours twice a year (10 for the guys!) How amazing!
My favorite talk this time was President Monson's. The hair stands up on my arms just thinking about it. He is such an incredible Prophet. I loved how he counseled us to "live in the moment" and not take these times for granted for they will soon be gone. I also loved how he talked of not worrying about the fingerprints on a newly cleaned surface or the toys strewn about the house--I swear that was just to me (or do all of you have those too ;)!)--I need to listen and stop worrying about those things.
I KNOW I spend too much of my time cleaning up after my boys and making sure the house is just so. It makes me sad to think I spend that precious time straightening up, working on my to-do list, etc instead of playing with my boys who are growing so fast. Our Father in Heaven knows I spend too much time worrying about those things too. I feel as if my eyes have been opened a little more and I want to change.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family whom I get to see often. It was a great weekend and I look forward to the next time we are all together again.
4 comments:
I was wondering when they were going to get back. Man I miss those dinners, movies, Dairy Queen :), and guitar hero nights. We went to Dairy Queen last night and it made us sad because we have only found 1 that was actually still open for business and it made us think of you guys. Don't have too much fun without us while we are back here!
Hi jenny, its been so long since I have commented on your blog. I read your past blog about the voting and omgosh I am totally on board with you. Im proud of you for doing that stuff, thats my PA roommate rallying and doing good stuff. I love it. Your baby is beautiful and I loved reading your comments on conference I didn't get to watch this year and i need to get online and read the articles. I love you Jen. Tami
I am so glad you were able to spend time with your sister. How fun for them to be away, and am sure she loved meeting Trent. He is such a handsome little boy.
I too loved President Monson's talk and thought he was talking directly to me. It was such a great conference.
AWE... Thanks for the blog Jen. It feels great to be home "God Bless America," has never meant more to me! I had a great time but I'm just so happy to be back with my loving fam. I also enjoyed watching conference together... we are so blessed.
Love Ju
PS John will be your manny any day and I will steal Trent anytime you need me too... I love him soooo much!
Post a Comment