Wade just completed his first year of an amazing music program called "Let's Play Music." The program is designed to teach young children the fundamentals of music by teaching them to sing and recognize notes on key, understand rhythm, read notes and eventually prepare them to play the piano.
We have LOVED this music class! His teacher just had the end of year recital where each of her classes performed five or six songs. To Wade's delight, my Dad happened to be in town for business, so Ampa (along with the Bryner's) got to see Wade's recital!
(Trent enjoying the show with Uncle Ben)
They sang songs (Wade showing the sign for the note "Mi.")
and played their bells.
Since it is a class for younger children the audience was FILLED with young families. There were about 100 kids running around, but, to my dismay, Seth happened to be the ONLY kid to raise some havoc (no surprise!)I was standing near the front and to the side so I could snap some pics and Seth insisted on staying by me since "he couldn't see."
Let me also interject that the concert didn't start until after 7pm which is when my kiddos are usually tucked into their beds so we were dealing with that factor too. He kept running up past me and trying to play with the keyboards that another class uses. Of course, I kept pulling him back while shooting out idle threats warning him to be good.
Let me also interject that the concert didn't start until after 7pm which is when my kiddos are usually tucked into their beds so we were dealing with that factor too. He kept running up past me and trying to play with the keyboards that another class uses. Of course, I kept pulling him back while shooting out idle threats warning him to be good.He didn't listen (no surprise) and ran up again, this time stepping on the cord to the CD player, pulling the plug, DURING a song. The music stopped and what felt like a million pairs of eyes flung over to where Seth and I were standing. OHHHH, why my kid? :)
It was a quick fix and the kids started the song over, but I still can't understand why out of that many kids, mine is the only one that could affect the show. The only thing I can say is..oh well, what can I do?
Wade's teacher did not seem upset (she has 4 kids of her own) and we look forward to another year of musical education!
Wade's teacher did not seem upset (she has 4 kids of her own) and we look forward to another year of musical education!
No comments:
Post a Comment