My baby is ONE! Time has flown so quickly and I CANNOT believe he has been here for a year. In my eyes, he still seems so small and baby like, but the fact that he is crawling around like a mad man, pulling himself up on furniture and out growing his 12-18 months clothes indicates that he isn't so little anymore!
Trent has been such a joy for our family. I have mentioned before that I have REALLY been able to enjoy him in a way unlike I did with my others. Wade was the child who introduced me to everything, Seth came when Wade wasn't even 2 so I had a crazy toddler and a newborn, but Trent opened my eyes in a new and wonderful way.I have learned that this time goes by so quickly. That those newborn clothes only fit for what feels like a few days, the snuggling and long naps while being held are gone in a blink of an eye, the sweet gurgling and a first laugh come and go without hardly any time. I am grateful I learned this with my first two because I feel I have relished these moments with Trent. I have snuggled a little more, held him a little longer and have loved being a mom more than ever this past year.
This "different" outlook on mothering has perhaps been what has turned my child into a MAMA'S BOY! If I am around, it is me he wants to be with. Of course he loves his dad, brothers and other family members/ friends, but nothing compares to me. I love it! Some moms might find it annoying, but he will still go to others so I don't feel burdened by it. He just makes me feel like I am coolest, best, most perfect person in his life--who wouldn't love that? :)
Trent is such a mix between his brothers--in looks and personality. All my kids look very alike and Trent is no exception. Trent's personality is pretty easy-going with a small, feisty flair. He is usually up for anything and pretty much has to be that way since he spends most of his days running errands with me or at sports games/practices. He is happy and easy to please.
I am, actually, thankful for his little feisty side. He is a hair puller and pincher and will let you know when something is bothering him (which isn't often.) The reason I am thankful for his feisty side comes from my perosnal theory of your "child's behavior": Wade was your average baby--he was pretty good, but went through some hard times too. Because he was pretty equal, he has stayed that way as he has grown--pretty much a sweet kid with a bad moment or two mixed in every now and again.
Seth was an ANGEL baby. He was SOOOO good. I remember thinking having 2 kids was so easy because Seth was perfect. He was "perfect" until he was about 22 months and then like a light switch those "terrible twos" kicked in and we are still going strong even though he is 3 1/2 years old! My theory is that he is making up for lost time and since we had almost 2 years of perfect behavior, it has to be balanced out.
So, I am thankful for Trent's hard moments because I would rather have them equally dispersed over his first year rather than all at once a couple years down the road. That is my theory...we will see how it pans out:).
Trent's birthday party was fun! We went to dinner with the Bryner's and came back to our house for cake and presents. Trent is a great little eater and will try almost anything (and like it!) you give him.
He was, however, reluctant to eat his cake.
I made him his own that he could dig into, but I think it scared him a little or it could have been that he was tired and over-stimulated by this point. After stuffing a piece of it into his mouth between his cries, he discovered he loved it! He ate a whole piece and cried for more.

His was pretty disinterested in his presents.
He liked the wrapping paper and his cousin Dane a lot more!
Logan, however, LOVED Trent's presents! So my baby is one. It has been a wonderful year and I look forward to a lifetime more. I am so thankful to be a mom. It is the most wonderful thing I have ever or will ever do.
What Trent is doing at one:
crawling
waving hi and bye
pulling himself up on furniture
crawling up stairs
has 6 teeth
drinking cow's milk
eating almost ANYTHING I give him
sleeping through the night
babbling lots (ba, ma, hah, da, ahh)
throwing a ball back and forth
enjoying stroller rides
loves watching brothers play

2 comments:
Wow. I can't believe Trent is already one. It makes me realize how long I have really been gone. I miss you guys.
The year has flown by! Treny is such a little sweetheart and we love him so much:) It was a fun b-day and sorry that Logi was such a present hog! We need to work on his sharing:)
Post a Comment