Saturday, November 19, 2011

While the Boys Are Away...

Matt and, his sister, Marie have created a fun tradition that both the kids and them look forward to every year...meeting in Flagstaff and watching SUU play NAU in football! Marie brings her whole family, but Matt has made it a boy's trip and this year Trent even got to go which left Rylee and I alone for a weekend for the first time!

I wanted to make our one-on-one time really special, but knew it would be difficult considering she is not even 2 yet. A couple of my friend's have daughter's that are pretty serious little ballerina's and host a "Nutcracker Tea Party" this time each year. I decided that something like that would be perfect for Rylee and I!
It was so cute! The "tea party" took place at a local golf course and they had tons of yummy finger foods, tables decorated and ballerina's dressed in their "Nutcracker" costumes to meet and take picture with!

After eating, the ballerina's danced and then they read the story of the "Nutcracker." Rylee did awesome at the beginning, loved eating and then "dancing" on the stage
before the ballerina's performed, but lost interest after that. I was pretty impressed with how long she lasted though and cannot wait for next year when she is older and will most definitely be even more in to it!
The boys reported back with 2 huge thumbs up!
The football game was awesome (SUU won in a nail biter!), they got to swim, eat out and Matt even took Jocelyn and Spencer to a midnight showing of "Breaking Dawn."

Fun was had by all and I know this was the first of many special times with just Rylee and I.

No comments: