Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wade's Sweet Thoughts

I have Wade and Seth enrolled in a music class that my friend teaches. This is Wade's third time and Seth's first. Because Wade is three it is a drop-off class for him. Now, I was a little nervous to send him off on his own.

You just never know how they are going to act. I mean, he is only 3 years old and I didn't want him to be rowdy or over-excited (which we all know Wade can be) while my sweet friend is trying to teach him and three other 3 year old boys a little music.

After the class, I made my friend promise to tell me if Wade was good or not--I told her it would not hurt my feelings if he acted out and I wanted to know so I could talk to him about it more. Well, I guess I should have a little more faith in my son.

My friend, actually, told me that she asked each little boy what his favorite thing is. They each responded with the typical answers: trucks, spiderman, etc. But my little boy, told her that his favorite thing in the world was "his family!"

That little comment melted my heart and made my whole week! I hope I don't sound like I am patting myself on the back, or anything, I just wanted to share because I thought it was so cute!

7 comments:

Brody Purser said...

That is so sweet. You have to love those moments. Wade is such a sweetheart and has such a cute personality.

I love your blog...looks great! Thanks again for taking over yesterday. I owe you big time. :)

Amy Y said...

so sweet!

Angie Whitman said...

I love that photo of you both kissing Wade. Yeah, you definately have to remember those moments and treasure them.
So...when's the class your teaching on how to make your blog look really cute?? I'll come...

Melissa Stadler said...

I love it Jen! That is so sweet that he would say that and you SHOULD pat yourself on the back. You are doing the work!! Ha! You are awesome Jen.

P.S....Love your cute, new blog. What did you use to get that darling wallpaper? I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure it out and then gave up. Any ideas you would like to pass on Jen? :)

Evelyn said...

Ahww... how cute! I would be so touched to hear that from my little one. He really is a sweet guy. And he has a wonderful mother!! That's so amazing that he's old enough to go to music class by himself! Crazy how fast they grow.

Nate and Lalani said...

Jen, he is so sweet! i am glad that he and jackson are such good friends.

Maggie Holmes said...

oh, that is so cute! what a little sweetheart he is!