Thursday, August 2, 2007

First Day of Preschool and the Spiderman "pack pack!"

Today was Wade's first day of preschool. He ran right in and absolutely loved it. I am excited for him, but I can't ignore the little part inside of me that is sad. It is weird to see your kids grow up (as many of you have mentioned this past week as you sent your older kids off) and especially since he is my first to enter the world of school. He just seemed so big. I guess I will be okay though, after all it is only twice a week for two hours per day!

All sadness aside, it was great to see his enthusiasm. His teacher said he helped show the kids where to hang their backpacks and that helped her out a little. He also has two, little friends in his class, so he is thrilled.

Now onto the second, more exciting--at least to Wade, part of my title--the Spiderman "pack pack," which is how Wade says Spiderman Backpack. This accessory has been the center of our week. As soon as Wade found out he got to get a backpack for school, he set his mind on a "Spiderman" one.

We went to Target and Wade, gleefully, ran to the school supplies and chose the perfect "Spiderman Backpack." He immediately put it on and was dancing through the aisles. When we got home, both he and Seth could not stop playing with it. How do you play with a backpack you might ask, well I don't know except that they were entertained with taking it on and off for quite awhile. Wade even slept with his new backpack!

I do not know where he got the idea of a backpack, since he is the oldest, I don't know if he has ever, really, seen one closeup, but he is thrilled to have it. Oh well, if it makes him more excited to go to school then, I guess, it doesn't really matter. Who would've thought something so simple (and cheap) could bring so much happiness to my boys?

5 comments:

Amy Y said...

So fun! Max is soooo happy that Wade is in his class! It's going to be fun to have Wade over to play after school sometimes!

Evelyn said...

That's so sweet, Jen! I'm glad he has a few friends and seems to love it. It will be such a nice break in the day for you... but I totally agree with you that it would be hard to see your first enter that phase of life. I'm both eager and nervous about it. Very cute pack pack!

Doug and Dawn said...

Hi Jen, I am Lalani's friend that you asked about my background. It really is not that complicated to add the different backgrounds, it just takes a little bit of time. I have some instructions that a friend emailed to me that I followed. I can email them to Lalani or to you directly if you want. The background is actually a scrapbook paper off a digital scrapbook site. The one I got mine from is digitalscrapbookplace.com. In the instructions there is also another website mentioned. Ayways let me know what you would like me to do I'd love to help.

Sorensen Family said...

Wade looks so cute with his backpack on. I can't believe how old he is getting. Hope all is well in sunny AZ.
Love, Linsey

Nate and Lalani said...

Jen...so cute! Thanks for being such a good friend and helping me set up my blog. I am glad that Jackson has wade in preschool...it will be soo fun.