While in Cedar, we celebrated the 4th on the 3rd. The day was filled with fun events and cousins galore! The night ended with a firework show put on by Matt (also known as my little pyromaniac!)We went to the firework stand earlier in the day and I thought I was being generous by saying, "I think $20 dollars is reasonable for fireworks." You would have thought I had grown another head by the way Matt looked at me. He was practically offended that I would even suggest spending such a small amount on fireworks. We finally agreed on $40 dollars--which is ridiculous if you ask me, but, apparently, I am the only one who thought that was too much.
The kids LOVED the fireworks! Wade was, surprisingly, timid at first, but once he warmed up, he loved them. Seth had a ball from the start.


In this picture he is covering his ears because of the "screaming" fireworks.

All the Roper cousins, Logan and even Trent enjoyed Matt's show.


The grand finale were some "illegal" fireworks that Matt has been hanging onto for 7 years.
He got them at the "Valley of Fire" north of Vegas on the way home from our honeymoon and has been saving them ever since. I have tried to throw them away about a dozen times, but I have to admit, they were pretty cool! We had a great time and were excited to celebrate such a fun holiday with our family!
8 comments:
I feel the exact same way about money spent on fireworks! Such a waste! I gave a budget, too, but I didn't go to the fireworks stand so I have no REAL idea on how much money we literally burnt away! :) The 4th is such a fun holiday!
Hahaha! Those illegal fireworks make me laugh so hard! Nice job Matt! Looks like fun.
Poor you Jen with the puking stories! Maybe it's the driver? HAHA. Just kidding. You're so tough.
We loved our 3rd of July with you guys. In fact, we loved Trent's blessing too. The only thing is, it goes way too fast!
p.s. sure enjoyed your family. It was great having those Rasmussen's around!
Love, Mer
I can't beleive how big Trent is!! He is so dang cute! What a great way to spend the 4th. We were in Utah as well, and I love the cool nights...so great, except that it doesn't get dark until 10!! My kids have been up way too late every night.
I was dying laughing at the puking. That is the worst! Glad it was a rental...good idea.
I wish that we could have had some cool fireworks this year. "Fire"works of any kind are illegal here for residental use so we just had a bunch of stuff that smoked (not nearly as cool). It's funny though that he's been hanging on to some of those fireworks for seven years.
Puking on trips is the worst! Clayton gets airsick and so we always need to make sure that we are stocked up on barfbags when we fly. Yay for a rental car though! It makes traveling so much less stressful!
Chase kept a draw full of illegal fireworks for a long time. As far as I know, he has finally used them all. Probably still stocking them away somehwere. The boys look like they are having a ball with the fireworks.
Dealing with throw up is hard enough, but in the car, and every single time you drive. What a mess! Thank goodness for Avis car rental :)
Matt and his fireworks he's a mad man with the pyro stuff. I think he missed his calling, but I also think a life making fireworks just isn't as lucrative as the dental thing... Too bad we didn't see each other since we were also in Cedar for the 4th weekend AHH!!!
The illegal fireworks were worth the 7 year wait:) It was nice to be in Cedar with the Roper clan enjoying a beautiful UT summer night!
Post a Comment