Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Driving Makes Me Puke"

I don't know what it is about driving to and from Utah, but I always seem to have a child puking. This time was no exception. On our way up, the boys were happily watching a movie and it was beginning to get late. I was hoping they would fall asleep, but instead I got another surprise.

Wade had slept at the beginning of the drive and had not eaten very much. When we stopped to get gas, he chose some M&M's for his treat. He happily ate those and drank a little bit of Matt's soda. It only took about an hour for the treats to make it through his system and come back up--yuck!

Without warning he puked all over the place. I didn't even have a chance to catch or prevent it. As you can imagine the car smelled awful! We stopped and tried to clean most of it up and did a pretty good job.

You would think we would only have to worry about a puking child once a trip, this time it wasn't so. On our way to Trent's blessing, Seth puked too! UGH!
We were at my family reunion the night before and had to leave Springdale at 6:00am (our time) in order to make it to Matt's parents church on time to bless Trent. I had begged Matt to leave late the night before, but he didn't think it would be good idea (you can probably imagine how great that "I told you so!" felt! :))

So, we left in the morning and, call it mother's intuition, I kept my boys shirtless in the car because I didn't want them to spill on their church shirts--thank goodness! About 5 minutes south of Cedar, Seth said he was tired and just like that puked. It wasn't very much so we managed to clean him up without a lot of damage to his church pants.

As soon as I thought we had dodged a bullet, he puked TWICE more--each time it was more and chunkier (I know, GROSS!) WHAT A NIGHTMARE! We rushed to Gary and Shirley's, got Seth in the tub and dressed him in some khaki shorts for church--thank goodness we had some decent shorts that were clean since we were at the end of our trip! We even made it on time to the blessing--phew!

All I can say is, why me? Why do my boys puke every time we get in the car for a long trip? At least we were in a rental car instead of stinking up my car--thanks Avis--worth every penny!!

3 comments:

The Venutis said...

Sorry I had to laugh. That is a lot of throwing up.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

Sounds like you guys won't be traveling much anymore. That's enough to stop me from going anywhere

JOE BURNS said...

haha great stuff kids rule. I used to get sick in the car not puking sick but sick. I think it was the hot sun beating through the wind shield that would do it to me. Lots of posts to check out you've been busy. :)