Here is my EXTRA long post on what we have been so BUSY doing the past couple of weeks:
Elementary Fall Festival
Wade's school puts on an annual fall festival. The kids had more then a good time--they LOVED it! They would have been happy there all night! They jumped in bounce house, went on the "race car" slide (which Seth asks about daily: "Mom, did the race car slide fall down? When is it going to come back up?"), went through the pumpkin patch and lots more.
Family Pictures
We have the most AMAZING photographer this year! We had our pics taken and here is a sample. We will be making some changes, but I am so excited thus far!

Trunk or Treat


Our ward puts on an annual trunk or treat. The kids had a blast trick-or-treating, playing games and running around the church parking lot with all their friends. This was the trick-or-treating style I remember--hundreds of kids and crazy fun! Our car won for the "most creative" thanks to a little help from our friends and I won 2nd place in the chili contest :). We had the best time! (well most of the time, Seth had another meltdown on the way home--are we developing a trend?--hopefully not.) Well, technically, this event fell on his actual b-day so, I guess, it's his party and he can cry if he wants too, right?
Seth invited 8 of his little friends to our family fave--Peter Piper. Nothing beats an all out junk food and present tornado with tokens and flashing lights added in to make a birthday party perfect! It was a blast and the best part was, I didn't have to clean up a thing :)!


Halloween
Just our luck, Wade woke up Halloween morning a puked. I know, no big surprise, it seems like my kids puke if you look at them crossed eyed, but he was sad to miss his school stuff. He spent the day on the couch.
We also had lots of plans for trick-or-treating, but decided to forego those. The kids didn't mind. Wade felt up to trick-or-treating a little bit so they took a quick walk around our little neighborhood and still managed to get A LOT of candy. They were happy and in bed before 8 which makes me happy:).
Although we have had a few meltdowns and setbacks, it has been a fun fall season. Fall is our favorite time of year and this time around was no exception!
We also had lots of plans for trick-or-treating, but decided to forego those. The kids didn't mind. Wade felt up to trick-or-treating a little bit so they took a quick walk around our little neighborhood and still managed to get A LOT of candy. They were happy and in bed before 8 which makes me happy:).Wade finished another successful soccer season. Like I mentioned a few posts ago, this has been the best season yet. The field was better, the kids were better, and the parents were even a lot more competitive this season. It felt like it was the first season that counts (and I am happy to report an undefeated season!) I would probably be embarrassed to see a vidoe of how loud I was cheering when Wade or his team members scored goals--I can't even imagine what it will be like in 10 years when they are in high school :).
Although we have had a few meltdowns and setbacks, it has been a fun fall season. Fall is our favorite time of year and this time around was no exception!








5 comments:
You are a busy girl!! Fun times:)
Hi Jen!
It seems like you had a fun time!
We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Love, Jocey
Busy busy!! I want to see more of your family pictures!! We just had Joe take ours. I'm excited to see them. I just went private on my blog so if you could email me your email address, I can invite you to see it. THanks. lizziebmarshall@gmail.com
Reading all of this makes me sad...I wish that we were still there to participate in all the Halloween happenings. I can't believe we've almost been gone a year. I miss you guys!
That is the best family photo! I love it. I also love that pic of Seth having a meltdown, that is a classic. I've said it before and I'll say it again, those are 3 darling boys!
Post a Comment