Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was with Matt's family. Most of the time we find ourselves in Utah when we are celebrating a holiday with his side, but this year we got to play host and it was A LOT of fun!

For those of you who know the size of my house, you know we can comfortably fit our family--as in the 5 of us--with one guest room to spare. Well we found out that we can fit a lot more then the five and still survive! Everyone stayed here! Yes, everyone.

It, actually, turned out just great. We were happy that no one had to stay at a hotel therefore eliminating our late night chats and guitar hero fests! It was a packed house, but like I said, lots of fun. All of us were in sheer Heaven having family and, especially, COUSINS galore!

Matt's sister, Mar, was in charge of Thankgiving dinner which took a TON of pressure away from me. Each woman and Gary were assigned their dishes and, I have to say, it was one of the BEST tasting meals I have EVER had.

Besides eating (hee, hee),





we went to see the lighting ceremony at the Mesa Temple,


saw "Bolt" and various other movies, went shopping--even to "black Friday!", got pedicures, and, of course, lots and lots of Guitar Hero!

I am so thankful to have married into such a loving and wonderful family. They have always made me feel like one of their own and I love them so much for it. The week went by so fast I hardly realized that there were 16 people staying at my house :). Love you all...

2 comments:

Sorensen Family said...

Love the new background!! How are you? It sounds like you had a blast for Thanksgiving. Hope as is well.

Love ya!
Linsey

Katelyn & Wade said...

Holy smokes! 16 people! You must have been quite the gracious host to handle it all so well! Do you feel all grown up now? I feel like once we host our own Thanksgiving-then we will have reached adulthood!