Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Casen's Firsts

This little bug has brought SO much joy to our home.  We are all just SO in love.  Casen is the sweetest thing on Earth!  I CANNOT believe he is a month old!  I cannot believe it!  It makes me sad to think time is flying by so fast.  I just had him and before I know it, he will be going on a mission :(.

I have been trying really hard to savor every moment with him because time is moving so quickly.  I find myself staying up a little later just to hold him a little longer--despite my hormonal sleep deprived body.  I LOVE to hold, smell and snuggle him.  My arms start to ache for him when it has been too long.  I wish I could hold him all day so I try to as much as possible.  Good thing Case loves to be held :).

The kids are all adjusting so well to Casen--they NEVER complain about the time it takes me to feed him or take care of him and they help as often as possible.  We are very blessed.  

Trent is OVER THE TOP in love with Casen which has been my greatest struggle.
 He always wants to be as close to Casen as possible and doesn't quite understand how to be totally soft and gentle.  Hopefully things ease up a little as the newness of Case wears off.

Rylee loves "the baby", but is basically unaffected by him.  She has adjusted better than I could imagine which is such a blessing.

Wade and Seth are loving their new brother.  They are great helpers and very good with him.

Hopefully things start moving a little slower than the first month did :).  Here are some pics of Casen's "firsts" this month:

Meeting Uncle Ben:
First Holiday:

First car ride:
First Doctor Appointment:
First pic with Aunt Jess (since Ampa hogged Case in the hospital :)):
First costume:

First church outfit:

I wish I could freeze time and hold my baby forever--love him SO much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is precious! I feel the same way about Sammie. I hold her all the time and I physically ache a little when she's down for a nap. It's kind of funny how much you don't want to let go when you know it's your last baby. Casen is adorable - looks like a Roper for sure! So sweet. Congratulations again on your cute family!