Last week my dad was able to come into town for some work, but also to visit us! As I have mentioned before, my kids call him "Ampa" and absolutely adore him! We are lucky that his work brings him to Phoenix about once a month so my kids get to see him pretty often. My dad says that he treats his Phoenix clients the best so they keep calling him back here as often as possible!Our latest tradition has been going to dinner at "Peter Piper Pizza" where Ampa will spoil my kids with lots of tokens while playing all the games with them. As you can imagine, my kids think this is the GREATEST thing ever. 

When he comes, he will spend the night at my house and this allows Wade to run downstairs the minute he wakes up (which is horribly early) and pull my dad out of bed for an early morning trip to the park. My dad will walk down the street with the boys, on the way to the park, while having all sorts of little adventures.
My dad was a mischievous little boy, so that little boy really comes out in him when he is with my kids. They will look for bugs, walk in the orange groves and run and climb on w
hatever they can. It is so much fun watching my dad with my kids, I really love it.
hatever they can. It is so much fun watching my dad with my kids, I really love it.The past few visits have been extra great because Logan has been here too. I only have sisters, so my dad has been surrounded by girls my entire life so he is thrilled that we keep having boys! I feel so blessed to have such a great dad who loves me and my family so much! Thanks dad, we love you and can't wait until you come back for another visit.
9 comments:
I bet your dad really spoils your boys! Especially since it's always been you girls. I know when we have our little boy my dad will spoil him more than ever!!!
How have you been feeling?
YEAH!!! JEN!!! Congrats! (Matt too:) That is so exciting to hear you are prego! I'll be hoping and praying you have a little girl. But then again, you are such a great boy Mom...so either way, I'm sure you'll love it! We couldn't be happier for you guys!
How fun to have your Dad out so often. I miss PPP!! I bet the boys just adore his visits.
I'm so excited you've announced your pregnancy!!! So glad that all is going well, though I"m sorry to hear you are sick! You poor thing. Wish I could take you some dinner, or watch the kids!
You do have a great dad! I bet he loves being a grandpa to all those boys!
So fun, looks like a blast!
How fun! It sounds like your dad is so great with your boys. I am sure they love having him come visit.
Jenny!
It is me Heidi (Durham) Berry! I stumbled across your blog and it is so fun to see! You have the cutest family! Sounds like everything is going great- you'll have to check out our blog too.
Love ya!
http://theberrytribe.blogspot.com/
Jen - how fun for you to have your dad come see you. He looks like such a fun Grandpa and you can even tell from the pics that he loves your boys so much.
Ohh-your dad is sooo cute with your boys! Don't you love 'ampas'!! Family visiting is the best too.
Post a Comment