My baby, Seth, will turn 2 in just a few days and, like most mom's, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like only yesterday that I decided "I was going to have this baby" and walked 5 miles with a friend of mine to ensure he would be born THAT DAY. Well it worked and upon completing my walk, I delivered a healthy baby boy just a few hours later.
Seth was such an easy baby. He LOVED his swing and didn't need to be held a lot, but he also didn't mind if you wanted to hold him. All the way around, he was easy and sweet. If I would have done this post 6 months ago it would be filled with nothing but sweet, darling thoughts of my Seth, but he has definitely become a typical two-year-old. I say that with all the love in my heart, but he is a handful right now!
He spends his days circling through our house pulling things out of cabinets, climbing on everything, jumping on beds, hiding shoes and the list goes on and on. Although those things may be challenging, his little personality makes up for anything that might be hard!
For some reason, Seth learned to talk much earlier than Wade and it has been so much fun to hear his little voice chatter on and on about anything and everything. I love his voice. There is nothing like it--so sweet, innocent and curious.
The following is a list of some of "seth's words:"
Dinosaur or pirate: words used to describe anything scary
Nice: kiss
Hold ya: please pick me up
juice: anything (and I mean anything) liquid
teefies: toothbrush
Ampa: Grandpa John (this one is learned from Wade)
mickey mouse cubhouse: anything that has to do with mickey mouse
horsey: horse
spider: any insect varying from a fly to an ant
Gogan: Seth's cousin Logan
munch: Peanut butter sandwich
Wheeles: The Wiggles
candy: anything small, round and colorful (I have to be careful with this one!)
fee flops: flip flops
The list could actually go on and on...
Some of the things Seth enjoys are: walks with dad to see the "horseys", anything sweet--ice cream, cookies, candy (he takes after me!), riding his car, pushing trucks around the house, playing outside, watching "Wiggles" or "Curious George", reading books, playing basketball with dad and Wade, and when Ampa or Gogan come to visit.
It is so much fun to have this little person living in my home who greets each day with a smile, bright eyes, an open heart and mind willing to learn and grow. I love my little Seth so much. He brings me so much joy and teaches me more about who I am then most others. He brings light and love to our home, that no one else could match, and I feel so blessed to be his mom.
Happy Birthday Seth, we all love you so much!





9 comments:
Wow! Can't believe Seth is turning two! I remember when I first met you- you were pregnant with Seth. That went by so fast. Such a sweet little guy he is- can't believe he is now giving you a run for your money. I guess all two year olds do that! Such a sweet tribute to Jess as well. Good idea to space them out. Matt, Jess and Seth do deserve their own posts!
Great post Jen he's a special boy for sure. Made me tear up a little right at the end great story. I heard some John Mayer playing in the background though. Curious? I remember when you talked me out of buying his first album in Walmart. haha I guess he grew on you a little.
I love Seth! He is so crazy and such a big talker! I love him like he is my own. It is so much fun to watch him grow up. October is a great month!
What a sweet boy! And you got to love two year olds. What a cutie!
Seth is so cute. He is lucky to have a family that loves him so much!
This is why I love blogging. Seth will love reading this when he's older. Great post. I love the pictures of your two boys together, especially when Wade, still so little, is holding Seth as a baby! Such cute boys!
He's such a sweet boy. Love the pictures.
What a cutie. I just love his little smile!!!
I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Mostly because I was so sore from the five mile walk. I can't believe our babies are turning 2.
We miss you tons...I promise I will call soon!
Post a Comment