Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 27th

What are the chances that 3 EXTREMELY important people in my life would have their birthdays fall right in a row? Well, that is my life. My sister, Jess, has her birthday October 27th, Seth, my son, has his birthday October 28th and Matt, my husband, has his birthday October 29th--can you believe it?

As you might imagine, it can get pretty crazy around here at the end of October. Halloween is my family's favorite holiday (for obvious reasons) and it is a nice "kick-start" into the holiday season. After October 27th, it seems like there is no turning back as I whirlwind through Wade's birthday (November 12th), Thanksgiving, and all the shopping, planning, baking, eating, traveling, etc that goes into Christmas.

Since this is my first year having a blog, I wanted to give each one of my little, birthday celebrator's a special post all to themselves--after all, they deserve it. In order to do this, I thought it would be best to start early and go in order, so, Jess, here you go....

Jess is my best (girl)friend in this entire world. Aside from Matt and my boys, no one knows me better! We have been friends since the day she was born. I just love her so much.

Jess and I have been through a lot of things together and we have always remained strong and closer than ever. I feel so blessed to have her live nearby me so I can see and/or talk to her everyday.

One year, for Christmas, she gave me a framed picture with a little saying across the bottom that said "I loved you too much to be just your friend, so God let me be your sister." That phrase sums up our relationship perfectly!

As a child, Jess was always the silly one. She was so fun-loving and always had a twinkle in her eye. She has always been the peacemaker in our family (classic middle child!) As a grown-up she is still so much fun and there is nothing like laughing or crying with someone who knows you like a sister does.

I am thrilled that Jess is, now, an official mommy, although she has been a second mom to my kids all of their lives. She is so kind and sweet to them. They adore Aunt Jess! She is a wonderful mom, already! I am so proud of her and how well she has done as a "first-time" mom.

Other words that describe my sister are: sensitive, giving, thoughtful, smart, spiritual, loving and caring. The things that I, most, enjoy, doing with Jess are: eating lunch together as often as possible, shopping, double-dating and, actually, anything else--I love to hang out with Jess!

So, Happy Birthday (early) to my sister! I hope this year is the best one, yet, for you!!

P.S. I hope you enjoy the pictures--just a little taste in our "growing up" life!

11 comments:

JOE BURNS said...

What a great post! You two are the best of friends good thing God made you sisters.

Brody Purser said...

I love your post. This time of year is busy for us as well with all of our birthdays and anniversary. We are not very good planners at all obviously.

Sisters are the best, and every time I hear you talk about one of your sisters I can tell that you love them so much. I cannot believe how much Seth looks like you!! I loved all of the pictures...so much fun!

Heidi Berry said...

I love all the pictures of you and Jess- I know exactly how you feel about sisters! I feel so lucky to have all sisters too...

The Bryner Bunch said...

Thanks sister! This post brought a tear to my eye :)I am so glad that we are sisters too. Thanks for all of the nice things that you said about me. What a great early birthday surprise! Love you

(Ju has taken the keyboard)
Hi Jen... my name is Ju. Have we met??? I'm your other sister who didn't get a birthday blog of love :( JK, I love you and Ce too! And I'm soooooo glad to have both of you!

Amanda said...

I love that! You guys do have the best sister love...I always thought that at school! There is something about a sister relationship that is sooooo hard to explain (I loved yours the best!!!)

Happy Birthday Jess!!!

Kristy Martin said...

I can't beleive how much I see your boys in your face on that first one!! I can't figure out which one looks more like you though?? At first I totally thought Wade, then I started to see Seth! So funny. Kamryn is identical to my pictures at her age!

Maggie Holmes said...

love all of the pictures!! so fun!!

Amy Y said...

Sisters are the best. I love mine but you're so lucky that she's so close in age, going through the same stuff at the same time (now even more so) and that she lives so close. Happy Birthday Jess!

Angie Whitman said...

I can also tell that you and Jessica are so close. I know that must be so great to have her so close by. It will be so fun now for your boys to have cousins to grow up with. I am jealous...I wish I had my sister nearby!
Beautiful post!!

Sorensen Family said...

I loved looking at you and your sis when you were little. This is such a cute post.
Love, Linsey

Unknown said...

Hey Jen!!! I found your website as I was looking at other sites and I was so excited! Your kids are adorable! We also have 2 boys and so looking at your kids makes me smile, boys are the best (but a girl would be fun too)! Our website is http://spaces.msn.com/members/smithfamily0 check it out!
Ariane Smith