Back to school time is a glorious time in our house...does anyone remember that "Staples" commercial where the dad is dancing down the aisles filling the cart with school supplies while the Christmas song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is playing? I love that commercial...so funny...so true!
When the end of each school year comes, I am always ready for no schedules, vacations and fun, but when the school year starts I am ALWAYS ready for it too. I don't do well without routine for too long so AZ summers are the perfect length--8 weeks--and routines start again!
I cannot believe these kiddos are getting so big! Wade is in 3rd, Seth is in 1st and Trent is in his 2nd year of preschool (next year kindergarten--yikes!!)
I wanted the first day of school to be special so I made the kids' favorite--eggs and bacon. We also decided to switch family scripture study to the mornings so we had that and I do not know what happened, but the morning FLEW by! WE WERE LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY! Who does that?!?!? Not me!!! Well, actually, it was me in this case, but this is NOT my usual behavior and I was sweating from every pore and a flustered mess!
I rushed the boys over and they got with their classes before the pledge was said and the kids went inside, but his was the best pic I could get since I was so flustered!
Luckily, I was MUCH more upset about being late than either of my boys so the day went just great for both of them.
Trent started a week later and is so excited to be in school with his favorite buddy, Blake.
I'm excited that he is in a 3 hour, 3 day a week preschool :). Win/win for all!
Yay, for schedules and routines!! Back to school time is here!

No comments:
Post a Comment